An Advanced Laser-Lipolysis
Using an even higher-powered laser, Smartlipo MPX is the newest Laser body sculpting procedure with even less down time and side effects.
SmartLipo MPX differs slightly than traditional liposuction. With Smartlipo MPX they use a carefully calibrated laser to liquefy fat deposits through the top layers of the patient's skin. The Smartlipo MPX laser actually ruptures fat cells, and the resulting oily, liquid substance is then removed through a suction device inserted through a tiny incision in the skin. This small laser can also seal blood vessels as it zaps fat, so there is less swelling, bleeding and bruising than with traditional or tumescent liposuction. Research has shown that little, if any, fat is reabsorbed back into the body. The Smartlipo MPX procedure allows patients to see faster results with fewer complications. In addition, with SmartLipo MPX, patients are administered a local anesthetic only unlike traditional liposuction which requires general anesthesia. Allowing the patient to be awake during the procedure offers added safety and fewer post operative complications. SmartLipo MPX is the latest cutting-edge laser body sculpting procedure that combines both safety and effectiveness for the patient.
Is SmartLipo MPX Right for You?
Are you a good candidate for the SmartLipo MPX procedure?
If you have areas of fat that will not respond to diet and exercise, then you’re a likely candidate for Smartlipo MPX. Almost anyone can be a good candidate for the latest SmartLipo MPX procedure. In general, the ideal candidate:
- is in good health, exercises regularly, and is within 25 lbs. of his/her ideal weight;
- has one or more areas of local body fat deposits that have responded poorly to diet and exercise;
- is bothered by these fatty areas, and is motivated to get rid of them permanently.
In addition a good candidate for SmartLipo MPX, should have realistic expectations about the procedure’s capabilities. It is important to note that while SmartLipo MPX can improve your appearance and self-confidence, it won’t necessarily match your mental ideal, nor will it initiate others to act differently toward you. Before you decide to have SmartLipo MPX, think carefully about your expectations and discuss them with the physician during your consultation visit.
- You’re seeking shorter recovery time. SmartLipo MPX patients are typically back to work within 1–2 days following their procedure. Bandages are removed 1–2 weeks after that.
- You’ve worked hard to eat right and exercise, yet you still can’t lose those “love handles” or other fat deposits you consider unsightly. Human fat, or adipose tissue, can be difficult to get rid of through exercise and diet alone. SmartLipo MPX can be a relatively simple and quick solution to remove stubborn fat permanently.
- You want a procedure that is FDA approved. The SmartLipo and SmartLipo MPX workstations have been cleared by the FDA and remain as one of the fasting growing, and safest procedures in the cosmetic surgery field.
- You have concerns of loose skin resulting from the excess removal of fat after the procedure. Many patients of traditional liposuction find that their skin does not adjust to the reduction of fat deposits. This tendency often results in unattractive “droops.” These patients often require skin lifts that can lead to scars, thus rendering the initial liposuction treatment useless. But by pulling the surrounding skin inward, SmartLipo MPX laser technology can reconstruct the layers immediately under the patient’s skin, greatly reducing areas of sagging skin.
- You want permanent results. Everyone is born with a set number of fat cells when they are born. Once the fat cells are removed from a particular area of the body, they will never return, thus making it impossible for additional fat to accumulate later.
How does the Smartlipo MPX procedure work?
A very small cannula, or tube, approximately 1.0 mm to 2.0 mm in diameter containing a laser fiber is inserted into the skin. The cannula is moved back and forth delivering the laser's energy to the fat cells, causing them to rupture and easily drain away. The laser energy also interacts with the dermis it resulting in collagen shrinkage. Due to the cannula's small size, Smartlipo MPX is a minimally invasive procedure and can be performed under local anesthesia. The laser causes small blood vessels to coagulate immediately on contact, resulting in less bleeding, swelling and bruising, - and a quicker recovery time than conventional liposuction. Because general anesthesia is unnecessary, the procedure is very safe with only minimal side effects.
Do I have to do anything post-treatment?
After the treatment you will have minimal pain or bruising. We recommend 1-2 days rest and most patients are able to go back to work in few days.
Does Smartlipo MPX treat cellulite?
The procedure will improve the body’s shape and may improve cellulite to a certain degree and will tighten sagging skin.
When can I expect to see results?
Results can be seen immediately with continued improvement over several months.
Does laser-assisted liposuction produce lasting results?
Yes! Adults do not create new fat cells. When a person gains weight, the fat cells expand. The Smartlipo MPX procedure permanently removes the fat cells.
Advantages of Smartlipo MPX
A few of our patients even return to work immediately, almost like a "lunchtime liposuction". Of course we normally advise a day or two of rest.
During the procedure, there is no pain. After the anesthesia has worn off, it only feels like the aches and pains that follow a vigorous workout. The bruises too are much less with Smartlipo MPX
The fiber-optic cannula is inserted through a small puncture in the skin usually along creases that conceal the scar. As the laser melts the fats, it also coagulates the loose ends of small blood vessels. Compression garments are optional as the area will not bleed very much after the laser is removed. The granulation tissue (healing-tissues) does the rest of the work in contracting the treated area as well as the overlying skin.
Almost "normal" skin after 3 months It would be very hard to find the insertion points or tell by looking at the skin that any liposuction has ever been done. Skin contracts with the healing-tissues that replace the melted fats.
Safety and Complications
Smartlipo MPX is safer than traditional liposuction because there is less bleeding and anesthetic drugs used.